Thanks for your interest in joining Cub Scout Pack 281!! Pack 281 is primarily composed of boys from Griffin Elementary.
We meet once a month as a Pack and most Dens meet once or twice a month to work on achievements to earn rank. In addition, the bigger yearly events include a Fall and Spring campout, Pinewood Derby, Raingutter Regatta and Bike Rodeo!
See our activities from our previous Cub Scout season (click here)!
Please complete and turn in medical forms and Youth Protection Training (YPT)!
At our first Pack meeting we should have everyone officially signed up and assigned to a Den of 5-10 boys or girls that will be their grade. We may have two dens for a group:
1st Grade: Tigers
2nd Grade: Wolves
3rd Grade: Bears
4th Grade: Webelos I
5th Grade: Webelos II
What do I need to do to join?
1) Contact Langley Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Scouts need a uniform, which can be purchased at the Scout Shop (there's one in Houston and one in Stafford), as well as a handbook for their grade level.
You can get this before or after the first meeting.
3) Fill out a BSA YOUTH Application & Medical form (Link to Medical Forms Part A & B)
4) Fill out a BSA ADULT Application & Medical form (Link to Medical Forms Part A & B)
5) Parent(s) must complete Youth Protection Training – www.scouting.org/Training/YouthProtection
6) Pay dues good thru remainder of 2019 and 2020 of $140.
We also need parent volunteers and leaders!
Our Pack is always in need of leaders and parent volunteers - den leaders, pack leaders, etc.
Please let us know if you'd like to take on a leading or supporting role in your Cub Scout's journey.